The #mobitopia bot
The latest version of mobibot is always available via GitHub.
mobibot is making extensive use of various open source libraries, including:
- Commons CLI
- Commons HTTPClient
- Commons Logging
- Commons Net
mobibot's main functionality is to capture URLs posted on the channel. The URLs are automatically gathered into a publishable RSS feed.
Other features include:
- Displaying the latest entries on Mobitopia
- Performing calculations
mobibot: calc (floor(sqrt(3))+3.14)*3^2
- Converting between currencies
mobibot: currency 17.54 USD to EUR
- Performing Google searches
mobibot: google mobitopia on irc
- Displaying weather information
mobibot: weather KSFO
- Performing DNS lookups
mobibot: lookup www.apple.com
- Retrieving stock quotes
mobibot: stock GOOG
- Displaying the time in various time zones
mobibot: time UK
- Recapping public channel messages
- Listing the users on the channel
- Random quotes from I Heart Quotes
- Rolling dice and playing war
- Posting to Twitter
Some of the internal features include RSS feed backlogs, rolling logs, debugging toggle and much more.
If you have any feature suggestions, please post them to the mobibot wiki.
To use mobibot, simply join #mobitopia on irc.freenode.net and type:
mobibot will reply with a listing of the commands currently supported.
There are various open source licenses attached to mobibot. Please refer to the licenses directory in the source tree for more details.